Summer Scholar Awards 2021
The Arabic Honor Society is launching the 2021 Summer Scholar Awards in order to support its members who are currently in high school/secondary school and looking to continue their Arabic studies at a summer program (domestic, online or abroad pending travel options this summer). This award aims to celebrate high achieving students who have demonstrated their passion for the Arabic language and Arab culture through their academic records, extracurricular activities, and heavy involvement in their local AHS chapters.
Award recipients will receive the following:
- Up to $5,000 to cover program costs for a summer Arabic language program
- Recognition on AHS's website, social media, and other AHS promotional materials
- Arabic Honor Society swag bag
Applicants for the Summer Scholar Awards are committed to expanding their Arabic skills. Students of all levels are eligible to apply as long as they meet the following conditions:
- Current member of the Arabic Honor Society. If you are not already a member, you can join a local chapter or an at large chapter by visiting arabichonorsociety.com.
- Students may select an Arabic summer program that is either in-person or online. Students must make a strong case for the program that they select and must be able to provide a back-up online only option in case the in-person program is cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If selected, funding is contingent upon proof of acceptance to program that will be held in summer of 2021.
1) Make a profile on the grant management portal: qfi.smapply.org. Student must complete the Eligibility Quiz in order to apply for the academic award.
2) Complete the AHS Summer Scholar Award Application form. The form will require general information about the student, essay prompts for the student to complete, and uploads of supplementary documentation including high school transcripts.
3) Submit application by 11:59pm EST April 12, 2021.
Students can reach out with any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Funding for the AHS Summer Scholar Awards is provided by Qatar Foundation International, LLC.