Incoming Freshman Awards 2021
The Arabic Honor Society is launching the 2021 Incoming Freshman Awards in order to support its members who are preparing to continue their Arabic journey at the college or university level. This award aims to celebrate high achieving students who have demonstrated their passion for the Arabic language and Arab culture through their academic records, extracurricular activities, and heavy involvement in their local AHS chapters.
Award recipients will receive the following:
- Up to $10,000 to cover tuition costs for a program involving an Arabic language component at the higher education level
- Recognition on AHS's website, social media, and other AHS promotional materials
- Arabic Honor Society swag bag
Applicants for the Incoming Freshman Awards have committed themselves to attending a college or university to continue studying Arabic after high school, and so special eligibility guidelines apply. Students must meet the following conditions to be eligible:
- Current member of the Arabic Honor Society
- Student must be majoring/minoring in Arabic or related fields which require a strong command of the Arabic language by graduation. Students may make a case for a program on an individual basis.
- Student must be registered for an Arabic language course during their first academic year in higher education. If selected, funding is contingent upon proof of acceptance to school and registration to an Arabic course.
1) Make a profile on the grant management portal: qfi.smapply.org. Student must complete the Eligibility Quiz in order to apply for the academic award.
2) Complete the AHS Incoming Freshman Award Application form. The form will require general information about the student, essay prompts for the student to complete, and uploads of supplementary documentation including high school transcripts.
3) Submit application by 11:59pm EST March 8, 2021.
Students can reach out with any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Funding for the AHS Incoming Freshman Awards is provided by Qatar Foundation International, LLC.